Skip to content
A Note on Youth Participation
- All guests under 18 years old must have a waiver completed and signed by their PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN. There are absolutely no substitutions allowed for the parent or legal guardian.
- All crag guests ages 12 and under must be DIRECTLY supervised by an individual that is 15 years or older and has completed a facility orientation and has a signed waiver OR enrolled and participating in a staff supervised activity. Those parents that wish to bring their children under 13 years old to the crag without providing supervision will need to enroll them in one of our numerous youth programs (below) including camps, clubs, after school programs, and climbing teams. Kids 13 years old and older may take our learn to climb classes to learn learn proper use of climbing equipment used at the crag as well as how to belay and climb on top rope.
- All children under 18 belaying MUST USE AN ASSISTED BELAY DEVICE such as an Edelrid Jul, Mammut Smart, or Petzl GriGri.
- All children under 18 using Auto-Belays must be Auto-Belay certified AND must complete a buddy check with another Auto-Belay Certified person prior to starting each climb using verbal belay commands (“on belay?”, “belays on, climb on”).
- Children must be 13 years or older to be belay and Auto-Belay Certified. Children 12 years old and younger may only be belay or auto-belay certified with approval from an Übergrippen Youth Team Coach (usually requires past or current team experience) AND after successfully demonstrating proper belay / auto-belay technique on 3 consecutive visits to the crag (on different days). No child 10 and under is permitted to belay without a certified backup belayer.
- A skills class that prepares kids to join one of our teams or clubs!
- Teaches the basics of climbing and belaying.
- Akademie is for kids from 6-13 years old
- For kids / teens looking for a more social climbing experience
- Clubs for 1st – 2nd Grade, 3rd – 5th Grade, and 6th – 8th Grade
- Monthly events planned for the club members (dinner at the crag, parties, etc)
- High School Club
- Colorado High School Climbing League
- DSST Wednesday Climbing Meetup
- Camps for 7—13 years old
- Bringing together the sport of climbing with other teaching in relevant knowledge areas (science, health, outdoor education and exploration)
- Week-long and single day camp options offered
After School Programs
- DSST Wednesday Meetups (Wednesdays 2pm-4pm) (Starting 9/20)
- Bill Roberts Climbing Club (Friday 1:15-3:15, Kids are picked up at Bill Roberts @1:05 and walked over to Übergrippen by ÜG Staff)
- McAulliffe Middle School “Climbing Enrichment”: 6 weeks on Monday’s Starting Jan 22nd, 2018 (no session on 2/19) (Look for more info in December)
- 6-12 years old
- Planned approximately once monthly, check schedule
- 3 hours of supervised activities and pizza dinner included!
- 6pm to 9pm
Onsite childcare (Coming in September)
- You work out, we play with the kids. Check our schedule for times and availability