Chipmunks: Ages 3-5 (coming soon)
Marmots: Ages 6-8
Chamois: Ages 9-11
Ibex: Ages 11-14
The clubs are designed to solidify a climber’s foundation of basic and intermediate climbing technique and belaying through games, drills and coaching. Through experiential and interactive learning, students will work to develop leadership skills, confidence and teamwork by bonding with their teammates and challenging each other through climbing. Friday night “social events” for our clubs (these make for a great parent’s night out) happen every other month!!
- Crag Akademie graduate / Jr. Crag Akademie graduate
- Belay certified
Times: 1 day per week (Club Members MUST enroll for a specific day of the week — changing days only available when space allows)
- Marmots (90 minutes): Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 4:00-5:30pm, Saturday 9:00-10:30am
- Chamois (120 minutes): Tuesday, Thursday 5:00-7:00pm, Wednesday 6:00-8:00pm, Friday 4:30pm-6:30pm, Saturday 10:30am-12:30pm
- Ibex (120 minutes): Monday 6:00-8:00pm, Wednesday 5:00-7:00pm, Friday 5:30pm – 7:30pm, Saturday 9:30-11:30am
2 days per week option: Club members wishing to climb twice a week can add on a Friday OR Saturday club session.
- 1 day per week: $72/month members, $96/month non-members
- 2 days per week: $120/month members, $144/month non-members
Equipment and Uniform: All equipment (harness, shoes, Jul2 belay device) is provided by Übergrippen for club participants during the club. Club members may bring their own personal equipment if they wish (shoes, harness, and assisted belay devices). It is Übergrippen’s policy that all children under 18 belaying MUST USE AN ASSISTED BELAY DEVICE (such as an Edelrid Jul, Mammut Smart, or Petzl GriGri). A club t-shirt is required ($20 each).
Please review our Youth Policies Page for complete policies regarding youth at Übergrippen including unattended youth, belay policies, and auto-belay use.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to enroll your child or to get more information.