Chipmunks: Ages 3-5
Marmots: Ages 6-8
Chamois: Ages 9-11
Ibex: Ages 11-14
Classes for Kids 3-5 (Chipmunks):
Small class sizes (a 3:1 child to instructor ratio is maintained).
- Parents must be in attendance with their Chipmunk throughout the entire class. There are chairs at the opening of the Alcove to relax in while you watch and stay near-by.
- Check-in at the front desk. This is also where your Chipmunk will receive climbing shoes if they choose. They are not required and not all kids want to wear them, so be prepared with closed toed athletic shoes.
- You will be met by your instructor at the front desk and walked back to the Alcove all together.
- Class will be 45 minutes long.
- There may or may not be autobelays involved. Some classes may be entirely on the boulder, traverse walls or the ground.
- Your Chipmunk will gain spacial awareness, motor control and sensory experiences.
Clubs for Kids 6-14 (Marmots, Chamois, Ibex):
These clubs are designed to solidify a climber’s foundation of basic and intermediate climbing technique and belaying through games, drills and coaching. Through experiential and interactive learning, students will work to develop leadership skills, confidence and teamwork by bonding with their teammates and challenging each other through climbing. Friday night “social events” for our clubs (these make for a great parent’s night out) happen every other month!!
Rolling Admission: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for current club times and space availability.
- Belay certified
- Crag Akademie 2 graduate / Jr. Crag Akademie 2 graduate
Times: 1 day per week (Club Members MUST enroll for a specific day of the week — changing days only available when space allows)
- Marmots (90 minutes): Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 4:00-5:30pm, Saturday 9:00-10:30am
- Chamois (120 minutes): Tuesday 4:30pm-6:30pm, Wednesday 6:00-8:00pm, Thursday 5:30-7:30pm, Friday 4:30pm-6:30pm, Saturday 10:30am-12:30pm
- Ibex (120 minutes): Monday 6:00-8:00pm, Wednesday 5:30-7:30pm, Friday 5:30pm-7:30pm, Saturday 9:30-11:30am
- 1 day per week: $80/month members, $120/month non-members
Equipment and Uniform: All equipment (harness, shoes, Jul2 belay device) is provided by Übergrippen for club participants during the club. Club members may bring their own personal equipment if they wish (shoes, harness, and assisted belay devices). It is Übergrippen’s policy that all children under 18 belaying MUST USE AN ASSISTED BELAY DEVICE (such as an Edelrid Jul, Mammut Smart, or Petzl GriGri). A club t-shirt is required ($20 each).
Children enrolled in programs at Übergrippen (including but not limited to Akademie, clubs, teams, camps, after school programs) will be climbing with other children. Children will often be climbing partners for each other. This means YOUR CHILD WILL BE BELAYED BY ANOTHER CHILD ENROLLED IN THE PROGRAM AND YOUR CHILD WILL BELAY OTHER CHILDREN. If you are not comfortable with this, please do not enroll your child in our group programs. We offer private guided climbing (fees apply) and can also instruct parents on these same belay skills (enroll in our adult Crag Experience class) so that you can supervise your child’s climbing experience directly.
Contact email@example.com for inquiries or more information.